Nostalgia
January 19, 2010


I hate to admit it but shooting all of these beautiful homes leaves me with a bit of house envy. Will I ever be satisfied? Today I am a bit blue. I think it is the weather and the fact that everywhere I look all I see are bare brown branches and thirsty yards of lifeless grass.
I was so happy to have the opportunity to photograph Cynthia's house today. She is so talented and I am excited to work on next weeks post.
I hope I am capturing the beauty of interiors as well as Melanie Acevedo, one of my most favorite photographers, can. I remember working with her while I was a fashion editor at J.Crew. She picked up on my interest in photography and allowed me to shoot a few frames. She may not know it but that day will always be a wonderful, vivid memory.
I miss those days at J.Crew. Quick jaunts to Miami, staying at the Greenview Hotel. Early wake up calls and cucumber scented lotions. Hello to all my old pals from work if you are reading.


posted by Rachel McGinn at  |  1 comments

1 Comments:

Rach... KEEP writing! You are on to something good!!!
Hugs from Virginia!... S

By Anonymous Stephanie Ascari, at January 19, 2010 at 5:16 PM  

Post a Comment




© 2008 RACHEL MCGINN PHOTOGRAPHY